Popping Candy strives to provide you with the highest levels of customer service including protecting your privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (although, this information does not restrict our rights under that Act). This policy sets out how Popping Candy collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing and registering on the Popping Candy website (“Website”) you agree to the use, processing and disclosure of your personal information as set out below.
• Popping Candy may use “cookies” to enable us to obtain non-personal information about your use of the Website as indicated below. A “cookie” is a text only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of a browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are and your preferences.
• Popping Candy confirms that any personal details which you provide to us or which are available to public registers from which we can identify you are held in accordance with our data protection policy.
• When you visit certain areas of the Website, we may ask you for information about yourself. Popping Candy will require your name, telephone number, delivery address, email address, credit card number and information to complete the transaction.
Popping Candy will not collect any information about you without your consent. This information will be used only for the following purposes:
• providing services requested by you
• processing any transactions;
• verifying your identity;
• conducting appropriate checks for credit worthiness or fraud;
• responding to any queries or feedback you may have;
• for statistical purposes to improve the Website and services to you;
• administering the Website (including customer service and billing);
• and notifying you of products or special offers which Popping Candy or its associates provide that may be of interest to you.
• If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information we may not be able to provide our services to you.
• If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from Popping Candy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us that you no longer wish to receive promotional emails.
• Popping Candy uses its best endeavours to keep your information safe on a secure server protected from unauthorized third parties. Access to our service is password protected.
• Popping Candy will take reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect about you is accurate, complete and current. However, as most of that information is supplied by you the accuracy of that information is largely dependent upon you. Again, we recommend you check your information on our Website and keep us up to date with your information.
• If you provide personal information about other individuals (e.g. your authorized representatives) we rely on you to inform those individuals, obtain their consent to the disclosure of their information and give them our contact details should they require any further information.
• If you have given Popping Candy information about yourself and would like copies of the information please ask to do so. Your request may have to be put in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to your information.
• From time to time Popping Candy may collect information about you which does not identify you personally. This type of information may include the type of internet browser or computer operating system which you are using and the domain name of the website from which you are linked to the Website or advertisement.
• When you view the Website or any advertisements Popping Candy may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a Cookie or similar file (as described above) and will help us tailor the Website or advertisement to match your interest and preferences better.
• Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies, however, your browser may be adjusted to warn you when cookies are being used or to disable them. If you disable your cookies you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website. nor take advantage of what cookies may offer. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions.
• You acknowledge and agree that no system or technique can guarantee the security of the information held on the Website because the Website is accessible via the internet which is a public network.
• Popping Candy shall not be liable to you as a result of unauthorised access to the Website. The nature of the internet means that your visit may result in a transfer of information across international boundaries including countries whose data protection laws may be less stringent than in Australia. By visiting the Website and communicating electronically with Popping Candy, you consent to such transfers.
• You should be aware that if Popping Candy is requested by the Police or any regulatory or government authority for information concerning your activities whilst using the Website, we will comply with such request without notice to you.
• Alternatively you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page. (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp)